The Local History Room
In 2014, a Local History Room was added to the centre, part-funded by Cavan-Monaghan Leader, The Würzburg Diocese and The Mullagh Parish Committee.
This latest project was carried out under the present Officers: Brendan Clarke, Chairman, Eamonn Carolan, Vice-Chairman, Pat Smyth, Secretary, and Madeleine Uí Mhealoid and John Monaghan, Joint Treasurers. The Centre is staffed by Job Initiative Cavan.
The following exhibitions are planned for the Local History Room:
- Photgraphic exhibitions of local people, characters and items of interest.
- Raised bog exhibition on local Kilconny Bog.
- Exhibition of books from the James Ball Hedge School.
- Photographic and film exhibition of drama and folk drama in the Parish.
- The story of the GAA in The Mullagh Parish.
- Landlords in Mullagh - Saundersons and Mortimers.
- Lectures and talks on writers from the Parish and those who had links with the Parish. ie. Bernard Nulty, Charlotte Brooke, Henry Brooke, George Chester Duggan, Professor Agnes O'Farrelly, Dean Swift, Richard Brinsley Sheridan, etc.
- Church history, industry and schools.
- Archaeological surveys.